On the occasion of 100th birth anniversary of RSS ideologue Deen Dayal Upadhayay, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the BJP National Council in Kozhikode on the third and final day of the BJP National conclave.
During the 25 September event, Modi launched the year-long celebrations of the centenary year.
Here are highlights from his address:
- "Our party was formed for poor section of society & all our initiatives today are focussing on down trodden people only"
Our party was formed for poor section of society & all our initiatives today are focussing on down trodden people only: PM Modi in Kozhikode pic.twitter.com/Fh1y1gESRv— ANI (@ANI_news) September 25, 2016
- "There is a need for a discussion to bring in change in the procedures for elections in our country"
- "Today people discuss about Global warming, but Deendayal Upadhyaya ji back then used to say that we should respect our resources"
- "Other parties might have good ppl but we have more good ppl than them. All our senior leaders made us wha
- "Deendayal Upadhyaya kehte the agar sabhi ko barabari me lana hai to upar ke logo ke jhukar ke apne haath vanchit logo tak badane chahiye".
- "Our party was formed for poor section of society & all our initiatives today are focusing on down trodden people only"
- "Our govt is committed to the welfare of the last person in the society".
- "On Mahatma Gandhi's birthday on October 2, India will ratify decisions reached at Conference of Parties (CoP) in Paris".
On Mahatma Gandhi birth anniversary (Oct 2), we will ratify the decisions that were made during COP21: PM Modi pic.twitter.com/rOfkgBwlUq— ANI (@ANI_news) September 25, 2016
- "Standards of politics fell a lot after independence. It creates immense amount of danger for democracy."
- "BJP's original character is based on principles of welfare of people. We have never compromised on our ideals".
- "Deendayal Upadhyaya ji said that Muslims should be considered equal, not as substance for votes or to look down upon".
- "The Bhartiya Jan Sangh Selected Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay as the President here in Kozhikode 50 years ago".