Home » National News » Imphal: 80 hospitalized after consuming pork at wedding feast
 
SPEED NEWS

Imphal: 80 hospitalized after consuming pork at wedding feast

News Agencies | Updated on: 6 October 2018, 10:00 IST

At least 80 people fell sick on Friday after consuming pork at a wedding feast in Thoubal district, about 30 kms away from the state capital, officials said.

The villagers of Waithou Chiru had consumed pork last night at the feast following which they complained of vomiting and dysentery.

All of them were admitted to Thoubal District Hospital on Friday afternoon. Doctors said the cause of their sickness was food poisoning.

(PTI)

First published: 6 October 2018, 10:00 IST
 
NEXT STORY