A fire broke out in a generator set inside a residential society in Greater Noida on Thursday, officials said. The fire was reported around 8 am from the generator set installed in Palm Olympia society, a police official said.
"Nobody was injured in the incident even as the fire triggered panic among the locals. The flames were doused soon by the Fire Safety Department using a fire tender," the official said. It was not immediately known what caused the fire in the generator set, he added.
Earlier this week a fire was reported from Spice Mall in Noida, while scores of oil drums caught fire inside a methanol warehouse in Greater Noida.
Both the incidents took place on Monday and nobody was reported injured, the Fire Department officials said.