Home » national news » Chennai: Two students killed after touching a wet leaf, 13 electrocuted in moving bus
 
SPEED NEWS

Chennai: Two students killed after touching a wet leaf, 13 electrocuted in moving bus

Speed News Desk | Updated on: 30 May 2016, 11:49 IST

A bus full of students was electrocuted when a class X student pulled in a wet leaf stalk from a coconut tree. The leaf was possibly hanging on a live wire, when S Mukesh playfully yanked it.

Two class XII students, Mukesh and Karthigai, who were sitting next to Mukesh, died on the spot.

The students were on their way back from a picnic organised by a Madurai based non-profit organisation. According to a report in NDTV, the police said that there could have been a live wire hanging over the tree which caused the incident.

Twelve students and the bus conductor suffered injuries due to the shock and are being treated at a government hospital. NDTV quoted a police officer as saying, "We are probing. As of now we've filed a case of accidental death. We don't know if there was any negligence."

First published: 30 May 2016, 11:49 IST
 
PREVIOUS STORY
NEXT STORY