As soon as the Dera Sacha Sauda Chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh was declared guilty of raping 2 women by a special CBI court in Haryana, unrest started in the country by the followers of the 'Godman'. Later the followers of the 'Baba' created violent riots in the state and caused huge loss to the public and government property.
Ram Rahim was then taken to the Rohtak jail where as per reports he spent a sleepless first night in jail. But what caught everyone's attention was a lady accompanying him in the chopper while going to the jail. The lady named Honeypreet Insan is one of the top contenders for becoming the next Dera Sacha Sauda chief.
Here are 7 unknown facts about the lady:
1. Honeypreet Insan is the adopted daughter of Gurmeet Ram Rahim.
2. She has two sisters and a brother named Amarpreet Kaur Insan, Charanpreet Kaur Insan and Jasmeet Singh Insan respectively.
3. She is extremely close to Ram Rahim and loves to call herself 'Papa's Angel'.
4. Her real name was Priyanka Taneja which later got changed to Honeypreet Insaan by Ram Rahim. Ever since she has joined the Dera Sacha Sauda, she has got a lot of popularity as she has been handling a lot of tasks related to Dera.
5. She has even contributed in making of MSG The Worrier Lion Heart, Hind Ka Napak Ko Jawab and even the latest film Jattu Engineer.
6. Not only Bollywood she even has some connection with Hollywood. She has broken Jackie Chan's record by contributing in 21 different roles regarding the film MSG: Hind Ka Napak Ko Javaab.
7. She got married to Vishwas Gupta, an old Dera follower on 14 Feb 1999. However, her husband Vishwas was the only one who went to the court regarding an illicit relationship between Dera Chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim and his wife Honeypreet Insan. He later took his allegation back and since then Honeypreet has been living in the Dera.
The reason why she has the close proximity of being the successor because she doesn’t have any blood relationship with Gurmeet Ram Rahim which increases her chances in the race.