So you know how you were super-duper excited about Marvel's latest offering to mankind, Deadpool? Yeah. Tone down your happiness, you filthy locals. The sassy, hilarious, expletive-obsessed superhero Deadpool went through the Censor Board's prism and came out of the other side in seven shades of sanskaars.
From the cuts and modifications floating around on social media, which by the way is JUST PART 2, it looks like the board watched Deadpool, and tried to turn it into Drona.
The original film is about a good guy with a foul mouth. The current 'Indian version' is about a good guy beating bad boys with occasional jokes and a sanitised climax fight scene.
Here's a full list of the cuts and replacements as mentioned in the above image:
1. Muted the words 'a**h**e', 'mo**er f**ker', 'b*lls', 'b**w**b', 'touching myself', '24 b*ll gags', 'vagina', 'b*tch', 'd**k', 's**k the c**k', 'testicles', 'dildo' wherever it occurs.
2. In visuals of car chase fighting: Deleted the visuals of bullet hitting three people and splitting of their head (Replaced with visuals of man).
3. In the visual of violent love making scene: Delete all nudity, jerking of bodies, double meaning dialogues (Replaced with man and woman).
4. Deleted the visuals of hand cutting and gushing of blood (Replaced with visuals of man).
5. Deleted the visuals of lady in poster touching her private part (Replaced with visuals of man and woman).
6. Deleted the visuals of bare bodies in the strip tease club (Replaced with visuals of man and woman).
7. In climax fighting: Deleted the visuals of blood shots and all the gory shot (Replaced with visuals of man and woman)."
When you've muted all the abuses, and deleted the climax bloody fight scenes, then why's the damn movie still categorised as 'Adult'?
I love the Indian Censor Board. They are my justification for movie piracy. Thanks, you guys! #Deadpool- Raj Das (@beyalora) February 12, 2016
No censor board. Leave Deadpool alone at least.- Sahil Shah (@SahilBulla) February 11, 2016