India’s one of the toughest and competitive examination, Joint Entrance Examination (Main) and NEET examination which will be conducted twice in a year now after the decision announced by the Union Government. However, from the next year, the National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the JEE and NEET examination, said Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar last week.
Previously, all the above examinations like JEE Advanced and NEET were conducted by CBSE. The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main exam for the students who wanted to take an admission to undergraduate courses in various engineering colleges will be held in the month of January and April.
Another big change in the exam pattern is that the exam will be held over many days and students can choose the date to appear for the examination. if any student attempted the NEET and JEE exam twice then their best score in the exam will be counted.
HRD Minister also tweeted, ‘The main feature is that students will not lose one year because there will be two examinations before admission. He/ she can appear in either of the two, or both. The best score will be taken into account for the result.’
Check out the eligibility criteria:
Candidate must pass their Class 12th board examination at least 75 per cent to apply for the JEE main or advanced exam, While for the reserved category like SC and ST, candidates require 65 per cent.
January Exam details:
- The online application form for JEE will be submitted from 1st September to 30th September 2018.
- Dates of examination: 6th January to 20th January 2019.
- Result announcement date: First week of February 2019.
April Exam details:
- The online application form for JEE will be submitted from the second week of February 2019.
- Dates of examination: 7th April to 21st April 2019
- Result announcement date: First week of May 2019