Tamil Nadu batsman Shah Rukh Khan got everyone interested in the IPL 2021 auction. The hard-hitting batsman, who also is an off-spinner got his first ever IPL contract after being bought by Punjab Kings for Rs 5.25 crore for a base price of 20 lakh in the 2021 auction.
Delhi Capitals, Royal Challengers Bangalore and Punjab Kings all indulged in a bidding war for him, but eventually, the winning bid was put in by Punjab Kings.
Here are some interesting facts about Shahrukh Khan:
1) The 25-year-old batsman was named after Bollywood actor and KKR co-owner Shah Rukh Khan .
2) In the Tamil Nadu domestic circuit, Shahrukh is known to be one of the finest finishers going around. “He is a game-changer and a match-winner,” as per Tamil Nadu coach D. Vasu.
3) The right-hander batsman, with a strike rate of 131 in T20s, had gone unsold in 2020 auction, which disappointed him but didn’t affect his game. Trainer Azhariah Prabhakar, with whom he has worked since the age of 15, had helped him get stronger, both physically and mentally.
4) Shahrukh Khan was in sensational form during the recently concluded Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy and he played an important role in Tamil Nadu winning the title for the second time. His unbeaten 40 off 19 balls in the quarterfinal against Himachal Pradesh was one of the highlights of the tournament.
5) His performance in Syed Mushtaq Ali tournament earned him a call-up from three IPL teams. He was asked to come for trails by Rajasthan Royals, Kolkata Knight Riders and the Punjab Kings.