Worried on how to cancel a train ticket? Don’t worry, Indian Railways new rules will help in minimizing your stress.
As per the new rules of Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), passengers who want to cancel their tickets no need to visit the Railway’s ticket counter to get their refund as it can be done through its official website at www.irctc.co.in
To know more details about the new rules, procedure and refund policy for ticket cancellation, see below:
Procedure For Railways Ticket Cancellation
1. Visit the official website of Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC)
2. Submit your PNR number, train number along with Captcha.
3. Click ok
4. OTP will be sent on passenger’s registered mobile number given at the time ticket booking
5. Verified your PNR details displayed on the screen
6. Click on Cancel button shown on the screen.
7. The refund amount will be displayed on the page
8. IRCTC will send an SMS on the registered number with PNR and refund details like ‘your PNR xxxxx has been canceled. Collect refund amount xxxx from journey commencing station or nearby satellite PRS locations. Ref. Terms & conditions”
9. Passengers are advised to cancel their tickets (including return journey) before 24 hours of their scheduled train departure time.