Cinema has no barriers. Be it India or anywhere across the world, it is one of the most popular way of storytelling. So, despite constant criticism, a lot of Pakistani actors have managed to find more than just acceptance in Bollywood.
While Fawad Khan, Ali Zafar, Atif Aslam among other Pakistani actors have made it big in Bollywood, the number of Pakistani actresses joining the Bollywood brigade is comparatively less.
Here follows 9 Pakistani actresses who we will like to see in Bollywood soon. Take a look:
1. Mahira Khan
She is considered the Madhuri Dixit of the Pakistani film industry. The actor will be seen opposite Shah Rukh Khan in their upcoming Bollywood film Raees. Mahira carved her place in the heart of Indian audiences with her TV show Humsafar, which also featured Fawad Khan.
- She started her career at the age of 16 and hosted the live show Most Wanted on MTV Pakistan.
- Although she is yet to be seen in a Bollywood film, her Pakistani film Bol, featuring Atif Aslam in the lead won her accolades in India with it's release here.
- Not many know that Khan is married to Ali Askari. He had attended college with her in Los Angeles.
2. Sanam Saeed
This actor is better known in India as Kashaf Murtaza, the name of her character in her TV show Zindagi Gulzar Hai. She was paired opposite Fawad Khan in the show.
- Sanam is just not popular for her performances on screen, but she's a known singer and model too.
- Sanam started modelling at the age of 16. After modelling, she took up stand up comedy and did theatre.
- She is married to her childhood friend, Farhan Hassan, who is a banker from Karachi.
3. Mehwish Hayat
Not well known in India, Mehwish Hayat, however, is very popular in Pakistan. She is an actor, model and a singer.
- Mehwish has participated in the Pakistani version of reality TV show Fear Factor.
- Her 2015 film Jawani Phir Nahi Ani went to became the highest grossing Pakistani film worldwide.
- Mehwish has done around 13 TV shows, six films and four music videos.
5. Ayesha Omar
Ayesha is also a well known Pakistani personality in India. All thanks to her character Sara in Pakistani TV show Zindagi Gulzar Hai that got aired in India in 2014 and went to became a major hit.
- Ayesha is also a singer, model and an actress. Her album Khamoshi won her the Lux Style Award for Best Album.
- She has so far done five films, 18 TV shows and 12 music videos.
- Ayesha's father passed away when she was 2-year-old. In her interview with The Express Tribune, Pakistan, she mentioned:
"My mother was a single parent so she was scared and protective. For instance, I wasn't allowed to spend the night at a friend's home," she shares. "But at the same time she has always been a progressive parent" [sic]
6. Mawra Hocane
Mawra is a Pakistani actress, model and a VJ. The actor is gearing up for her Bollywood release Sanam Teri Kasam. The film, directed by Radhika Rao and Vinay Sapru, also stars Telugu film star Harshvardhan Rane.
- Her small moment of fandom in India arrived with her tweet about 2014 Bollywood film Phantom. Her supportive tweet for the film was not taken well in Pakistan and she was highly criticised for that.
- Mawra is a big Ranbir Kapoor fan by her own admission. And her social media accounts are full of stills and videos of the Tamasha actor. When Ranbir got to know about it, he recorded an Instagram video and sent it to her promising to see her soon, earlier in 2014.
- The actress is just 23 years old and has already done around 22 films and TV shows.
7. Sanam Baloch
Sanam is an actress, singer and also a TV presenter. If not in films, it would be good to see her hosting some TV shows in India.
- Her TV show Dastaan, also featuring Fawad Khan won her a lot of appreciation in Pakistan. She received the Pakistan Media Award for Best Actress for her performance in the show.
- In her seven-year-old career, Sanam has done 18 TV shows and three music videos.
- She got married to Abdullah Farhatullah in 2013 and her wedding became a talking point in Pakistan then.
8. Saba Qamar
Saba is both a critically and commercially successful actor in Pakistan. She will soon be seen in Sarmad Sultan Khoosat's TV show Main Manto in Pakistan.
- It seems Ranbir is hit among Pakistani actresses. During an interview with BollywoodLife, Saba mentioned that she wants to work with Ranbir Kapoor and Shah Rukh Khan.
- Saba has won four awards so far and all of them are 'Best Actress' for her performances in telly shows.
- In her 10-year-old career, Saba has acted in four films and 15 TV shows.
9. Maya Ali
Maya is a Pakistani actress, model and VJ. People in India often say that she resembles Indian actress Amrita Rao.
- In Pakistan, Maya is popular for her simple looks. She has worked in a Pakistani TV show Aik Nayee, which was inspired by Cinderella.
- Her best performance till date remains her portrayal of character Zara in TV show Aunn Zara.
- She has so far done 14 TV shows, but no films.