Shah Rukh Khan, Anushka Sharma and Imtiaz Ali have teamed up for a slice of life love story, tentatively titled The Ring.
A large chunk of the film, produced by Red Chillies Entertainment, will be shot outside India. The film went on floors in Prague this week. Here's all you need to know about the love story:
- Shah Rukh Khan will essay the role of Harinder Singh Nehra, a tour guide from Punjab, while Anushka Sharma will play the role of a happy-go-lucky woman from Gujarat.
- Around 80% of The Ring will be shot in Europe while 20% of the film will be shot in Punjab.
- The first shooting schedule of the film kicked off in Prague. The team is expected to wrap up the schedule by 6 September.
- Shah Rukh Khan's tour guide is rumoured to be similar to Dev Anand's character in Guide (1965).
- The film will not be sold to any studios as Red Chillies plans to distribute the film on their own across India. However, a few big studios have pitched for the overseas rights of the Imtiaz Ali-directorial.
- Pritam has been roped in to compose the music for The Ring.