Salman Khan's latest flick Sultan is one of the most keenly awaited releases of 2016. The film, where Khan will be seen playing the character of three-time Haryanvi state wrestling champion, is slated to release this Eid.
Directed by Ali Abbas Zafar, the movie co-stars Anushka Sharma, who also plays a wrestler. To prepare for her role the actress has been undergoing grueling training with experts. Sultan also stars Randeep Hooda and Amit Sadh in pivotal roles.
The fights in Sultan are choreographed by renowned stunt co-ordinator Larnell Stovall, known for his work in the The Hunger Games series, Creed and many others.
Here are 5 interesting facts about the movie:
- The initial part of Sultan shows Salman's character as the 'Haryana Ka Sher' and showcases his journey from being a local wrestler to a national star.
- The story moves from India to the international arena and the focus slowly shifts from wrestling to Mixed Martial Arts (MMA).
- Salman gets leaner as the film progresses, going from a 95-kilo wrestler to a much more tone mixed martial artist.
- Salman will fight renowned international MMA fighters in the second half of Sultan, while actual wrestlers from Haryana and Delhi are roped in for the local fights.
- YRF and Team Sultan plan to recreate various sporting events likes the Olympics and the Commonwealth Games for the movie.