Radhika Apte has played a wonder woman for actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui in the recent Bollywood release Manjhi - The Mountain Man. What else would you call a woman who becomes an inspiration for a man to carve a path out of a huge mountain with the help of just a chisel and a hammer?
In real-life, the actress is known for her strong on-screen presence and that de-glam charm. Here are a few facts about Radhika 'Ahalya' Apte that you probably would not be unaware of.
1. It should be noted that Radhika Apte debuted in Bollywood with Shahid Kapoor-Amrita Rao starrer 2005 film Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi!. However, she got more popular after her 2010 Bollywood film Shor In The City.
2. It was also rumoured that she dated actor Tusshar Kapoor for a while. However, nothing was ever made official.
3. It would be jaw-dropping news for many that Radhika Apte is married. Her husband Benedict Taylor is a musician, known for his works like The Ship of Theseus, That Girl in Yellow Boots, The Bright Day amongst others.
4. The actress has been associated with several controversies. Her 'nude selfie' controversy created much hullabaloo. However, the actress claimed that it was not her selfie. In fact, if one looks closely at those leaked pictures, the fact that they are not hers becomes evident.
5. Another such controversy erupted when a clip from one one of her short films by film maker Anurag Kashyap went viral. In the clip, the Hunterrr star was shown revealing her private parts to a man.
6. Not many would know that Ms Apte belongs to an affluent family background. Her father Dr. Charudutt Apte is Pune's leading neurosurgeon and chairman of Sahyadri Hospital.
7. Not just a great actress, Apte is a trained contemporary dancer. She moved to London to study contemporary dance at London's Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance.
8. Her academic qualifications include a graduation in Economics and Mathematics from Fergusson College in Pune, Maharashtra.
9. In a confession made during the promotion of Manjhi - The Mountain Man, actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui mentioned that he had a secret crush on Radhika Apte. Check out the video:
10. However, the actress feels something 'special' for her Badlapur co-star Varun Dhawan. While promoting Manjhi, she said: