Gauahar Khan, the model-turned-actress is celebrating her birthday today. What is more 'special' about this special day is the fact that this Bigg Boss 7 winner has been able to hide her age all this while.
Yes, in an industry which is finally seeing actresses beyond their age now, Ms Khan still believes in keeping her age a plain mystery. But she does celebrate her birthday on 23 August every year.
Appreciating how she has been fighting all odds in the industry so subtly and not trying strange controversies to gain popularity, here we tell you how Khan's life makes her a better controversy queen than others in the same field (read Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra, Veena Malik, Sara Khan amongst others)
1. During her modelling days, as she walked the ramp at Lakme Fashion Week 2006, the lady faced a tragic wardrobe malfunction. What should be noted here is that she didn't break down and in fact, completed her runway walk with all elan.
2. Her Bigg Boss 7 journey was just full of all ups and downs. During the show, she indulged in a brawl with co-contestant VJ Andy, that resulted in a huge fight between Andy and her then beau Kushal Tandon, who was also a part of the show.
3. While she found a 'special' friend in Kushal Tandon on the show, Gauahar Khan also developed a staunch rivalry with her co-contestant Tanishaa Mukerji. The two always seemed on loggerheads even after the show ended.
4. Both Gauahar Khan and Kushal Tandon announced their relationship on Bigg Boss 7, only to break up a few months later. Tandon even bashed people on Twitter for asking him about Gauahar.
5. Another quite shocking moment was when Khan got slapped by a stranger on the sets of India's Raw Star. She was the host of the reality TV show and was on the stage when a man from the audience molested her and slapped her during the shoot of the show. In a following press conference, the lady revealed that the man mentioned talked about how she dresses up and dances, despite being Muslim.
Her response to the man's sexism won the Internet.
Congratulations Miss Khan, you really court controversies right.