Actors Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover have finally put a rest to the rumours around their relationship with a joint statement on their upcoming wedding.
This is what their statement read:
"We are happy to finally share the good news with everyone. 30th April 2016 is the big day and we cannot thank our family, friends, fans and well-wishers enough for all their love and support. The wedding will be a private intimate affair. Our deepest gratitude for respecting our privacy this far. We hope to have your continued blessings and warm wishes as we embark on this new journey together."
Earlier, actress and Bipasha's friend Priyanka Chopra congratulated the couple on Twitter and wrote:
While we have already revealed the important details of their upcoming nuptials, here are some interesting but lesser known facts about the bride and groom:
1. The actress, who is touted as Bollywood's 'Scream Queen', was first spotted by supermodel and actor Arjun Rampal's wife, Mehr Jesia Rampal, at a very young age. Mehr prompted Bipasha to take up modelling as her career and that's how she ventured into the industry.
2. Not many know that Bipasha Basu would have made her Bollywood debut in an Akshaye Khanna movie. Veteran actor and Akshaye's father Vinod Khanna had offered Bipasha a chance to act opposite his son in Himalay Putra. However, Bipasha thought she was too young to work in films and the offer went to actress Anjala Zaveri.
3. Bipasha's portrayal of Nishigandha Dasgupta in Madhur Bhandarkar's Corporate has been one of her most critically-acclaimed roles, so far. But she almost did not play this role as Bhandarkar's first choice was Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. Eventually, Bipasha got the chance to play the strong, high profile business woman which cemented her career as an actor.
4. Everyone knows that Bipasha is a fitness freak. Her enthusiasm for staying in shape and eating right has won her many fans. However, not many know that Bipasha is an avid reader as well. Her favourite authors are Robin Cook and John Grisham.
Karan Singh Grover
1. While Karan is a Delhi boy, he spent a major part of his childhood in Saudi Arabia, completing his schooling in Dammam.
2. Despite his degree in hotel management and experience as a marketing executive in Sheraton Hotel in Oman, Karan decided to take up acting as a career.
3. His first encounter with fame was when he won the 'Most Popular Model' in the Gladrags Manhunt Contest in 2004.
4. Popular belief is that he made his television debut in Dill Mill Gayye. However, he made his debut in MTV's first fiction show -- Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi. He also likes to sketch.