Expect Salman Khan to shatter all records again as his big Eid release, Bajrangi Bhaijaan releases across 500 screens in India and over 700 screens overseas. The film will have one of the widest releases worldwide in 50 countries. Here are a few interesting facts:
1. In 2012, Salman Khan - Kabir Khan's Independence Day release Ek Tha Tiger released across a record-breaking 3200 screens, and now the duo's Bajrangi Bhaijaan is set to release on 4500 screens in India, setting a new record.
2. There is a lot of excitement around the film, even in south India, despite the Baahubali wave, as S S Rajamouli's father Vijayendra Prasad has written the script of Bajrangi Bhaijaan.
3. Bajrangi Bhaijaan will get the widest release for a Salman Khan film, as the superstar's last blockbuster Kick released on 4200 screens in India.
4. The release size of the film is equal to Shah Rukh Khan's Happy New Year in India. However, the latter released overseas on 1000 screens whereas Bajrangi Bhaijaan is releasing on over 700 screens.
5. Screen count of other Bollywood big films over the years:
Kick - 4200 screen
PK - 3900 screen
Jai Ho- 3900 screen
Dhoom 3 - 3800 screen
Krrish 3 - 3650 screen
Now, as the theatres start the advance booking of Bajrangi Bhaijaan, the countdown for the biggest release of 2015 begins!