A little over 13-years ago, a 20-year-old model of Kashmiri-English descent made her foray into the big bad world of Bollywood with the film, Boom (2003). Today, Katrina Kaif is a household name, with a string of hits as well as countless endorsements to her name.
From playing the leading lady in films like Singh Is Kingg, Ek Tha Tiger, Maine Pyar Kyu Kiya and Fitoor, to starring in multi-starrers like Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Katrina has won over the Box Office with her choice of roles.
The cameras love Katrina. Her red carpet outings and live performances are testament to this fact. While she rules hearts both within and outside of India, we have our own reasons to hate her. And what better day than her 33rd birthday to tell you why.
1) She is one of the best looking women on the planet. She was named World's Sexiest Woman by FHM - five times - Eastern Eye's Sexiest Asian Woman - four times - and the 2011 award for People's Most Beautiful Woman (India). Who looks this good? No, seriously!
2) She was the only woman on the 2013 Forbes Celebrity 100 list - which ranks Indian entertainers based on their income and popularity. Meanwhile, we're trying to stay positive about our empty wallets.
3) She is the only Indian actress with a Barbie doll to her name. She modelled for a Barbie on the 50th anniversary of the iconic doll from Mattel. Not like that's a big deal or anything. We're not sulking. You are.
4) In 2011 and 2013, Katrina was named the most searched celebrity (Indian) on the internet. We'll be right here Googling our own names, thank you very much.
5) Her industry colleagues have all testified that Katrina is one of the most hardworking celebrities in Bollywood. Stunning and dedicated? Come on, Kat. Why can't you just be a bratty diva so we can hate on you?
6) Her dance skills are testament to her hardworking nature. She has gone from an awkward to a badass dancer in under 10 years of being in Bollywood.
7) She has shared screen space with all the top Bollywood actors. Be it superstars like Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and Akshay Kumar, to the newer crop of actors like Aditya Roy Kapur and Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina has never failed to impress.
8) Who looks this good in a saree?
If you'll excuse us, we'll right here. Crying in a corner.
-- Edited by Blassy Boben