'Congress can't digest development work in India': PM Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi criticized the Congress party during a speech in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- He accused Congress of glorifying one family and nurturing a corrupt system in India.
- Modi claimed that Congress is resistant to change and development, opposing digital payments despite the success of UPI.
- The Prime Minister warned that if Congress were to come to power in Madhya Pradesh, it would lead to the state's underdevelopment.
- He described Congress as a "dynasty party" and emphasized the importance of the coming years for Madhya Pradesh, urging voters to support the BJP government.
Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh): Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday made a scathing attack on Congress in poll-bound Madhya Pradesh, saying the party “has been busy glorifying only one family,” nourishing “corrupt system” and if gets a chance to come into power, it will be a huge loss for the state.
Addressing Karyakarta Mahakumbh in Bhopal, the Prime Minister slammed Congress on a range of issues and said the opposition party “neither has the ability to see nor understand the national interest”.
He said Congress does not want to change and does not want the country to change. “Congress cannot digest the development work in India...They don't want the country to develop. They are never proud of the country's achievements because neither they want to change and neither want the country to change or develop. Congress will make Madhya Pradesh a 'Bimaru Rajya' if it gets a chance (to come into power here). They opposed digital payment but the world is impressed by UPI mode,” he said.
“Congress has been busy glorifying only one family. Congress has been busy nourishing the corrupt system in India. Congress is like rusty iron, which gets corroded if kept in the rain. Now Congress neither has the ability to see nor understand the national interest,” he added.
The Prime Minister said that the coming years are crucial for Madhya Pradesh.
“If during this crucial time, Congress, a dynasty party, a party full of corruption, gets a chance (to come into power), this will be a huge loss for the state,” he said. The Prime Minister said the BJP government in Madhya Pradesh has completed almost 20 years and the youth are lucky they have “not witnessed the bad governance of the Congress government”.
(With ANI inputs)