Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan has once again returned to the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) over Jammu and Kashmir, this time over the new domicile regulations announced by the Ministry of Home Affiars last month.
In a letter to the UNSC, Pakistan foreign minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi held India responsible for taking advantage of global focus on Covid-19 to alter Kashmir’s demographic characteristics.
Pakistan foreign minister’s letter was dispatched on Sunday, narrowly 3 months after its previous endeavours to rack up the Kashmir issue with the support of its ally Beijing was turned down. India’s foreign ministry has not acted in response to pakistan’s effort yet.
One of the Indian official stated that New Delhi will respond to Pakistan’s “three-page rant” at a suitable time. He, however, emphasized that the letter to UNSC was sent on the same day Imran Khan put out a video SOS to the international body for help to manage the impact of the coronavirus.
In his letter to Jose Singer, the Special Envoy of the Dominican Republic who occupies the UNSC President’s post, Pakistan alleged that India’s new domicile rules for Jammu and Kashmir were formulated to alter the demographic structure of Jammu and Kashmir.
Last month, Union Home Minister Amit Shah had issued rules that reserve all government jobs in Jammu and Kashmir for domiciled inhabitants. In this set of rules, the government had accepted demands from people who spent a lifetime in Jammu and Kashmir that they should also be considered as residents. Therefore, people who lived in J&K for 15 years are being looked as domiciled inhabitants.
Paksitan stated that this action and its possible ramifications had stimulated fear among Kashmiris. They are now threatened by demographic flooding by outsiders, said Qureshi.
“The timing of the Indian action, at this moment of global health crisis, is particularly reprehensible as it seeks to take advantage of the international community’s focus on the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and further advance the ruling BJP’s sinister, “Hindutva” agenda,” Qureshi said in his letter to the UNSC President.
Shah Mahmood Qureshi also held India responsible for ceasefire violation along the border of the two nations.
There has been a spike in firing along the line of control (LoC) this year, both the nations blame one another for starting it.
According to Qureshi there had been 700 ceasefire violations by India since December last year.
India, on the other hand, has counted almost 1,200 ceasefire violation between January an March. 411 of them last month. The Indian Army sees a connection between a spike in ceasefire violations by Pakistan and continuing effort to push terrorist in J&K. According to intelligence agency there were more than 200 Pakistan trained terrorists waiting to cross the border.