Hyderabad building collapse: 1 dead, 12 feared trapped; rescue operation underway
One person was killed after a seven storied building caved-in last night in Nanakram Gudam, Hyderabad.
According to reports, ten to twelve people are being feared trapped informed Deputy Mayor, Baba Fasiuddin.
Meanwhile, vigorous rescue operations are underway throughout.
Bihar topper scam: Main accused Diwakar Prasad found dead; relatives allege murder by police
The main accused in the eight crore Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) tender scam, Diwakar Prasad, was found dead on 8 December under mysterious circumstances, prompting allegations from his relatives that he was murdered by the police.
His family alleged that Prasad was pushed by cops from the rooftop, leading to his death.
Police officials, however, denied the charge, saying Prasad jumped off the building after seeing the officers who had gone to arrest him.
Andaman crisis: Tourists stranded on Havelock Island safe; rescue operation underway
The Lieutenant Governor of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Jagdish Mukhi, on 9 December said that approximately 1000 tourists are stranded on Havelock Island due to bad weather, out which 320 are foreign nationals.
Mukhi had assured on 8 December that the tourists stranded on Havelock Island are safe and that there has been no damage to property or loss of life.
Mukhi said, "In Andaman and Nicobar deep depression continues to prevail, but we are hoping the situation will be normal by the evening. In this week, there has been no damage to property or loss of life."
Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah fails to get appointment with PM Modi, Congress cries foul
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah failed to get an appointment with Prime Minister on 8 December to flag concerns about pending issues of the state, prompting Congress to wonder if Narendra Modi would do so with the chief ministers of Goa and Maharashtra.
Siddaramaiah, however, discussed these issues like sanctioning of drought relief funds and the Mahadayi water dispute in detail in a meeting with Karnataka lawmakers.
"I had sought an appointment with the PM to discuss specifically about pending issues like drought relief and Mahadayi water dispute. But I did not get an appointment from him," he told reporters after the meeting with the state parliamentarians.
Demonetisation a cruel joke says deputy Leader of Opposition, Anand Sharma, in Rajya Sabha
Launching a scathing attack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi for "unleashing financial anarchy in the country" and "inflicting sufferings on millions of people" by demonetising Rs 500 and Rs 1000 currencies, deputy Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Anand Sharma on Thursday said the Prime Minister should come to Parliament and accept his "blunder".
"Prime Minister Modi, instead of accepting the blunder, is actually changing positions on a daily basis. He must be held accountable and if he has any honour and shame left, he should come to Parliament, apologise and atone for unleashing financial anarchy in this country and inflicting suffering on millions of people. The country which was recognised as one of the largest democracies has turned into a banana republic," said Sharma, Congress senior leader.
After Rahul Gandhi, it's the turn of Vijay Mallya. Twitter account hacked by Legion group
The same group that target Rahul Gandhi and the Congress party's Twitter accounts earlier this year has struck again. This time the target was troubled business tycoon Vijay Mallya. The group that goes by Legion revealed his bank details and latest address in London.
The group uploaded a file dump containing an assortment of documents that included a scanned image of his passport and transcripts of conversations.
South Korea's parliament impeaches Park Geun-hye by vote of 234-56
On Friday, lawmakers in South Korea voted to impeach President Park Geun-hye. This is a shocking fall for the country's first female president. This comes hafter a corruption scandal left her on the curb.
Hundreds of protesters, some whom spent the night on the streets, rallied in front of National Assembly for the impeachment.
1st American to orbit Earth, John Glnn passes away 95
An American hero is no more. Johhn Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth and a longtime US senator has breathe his last. He died on Thursday at the age of 95. He is th last survivor of the original Mercury 7 astronauts that flew into space again at age 77
In 1964, he tried for the first time, to run for the US Senate but left the race after suffering a concusion. In 1970, he was defeated. In 1974 though, he ran gain and won after devoting his attention to business and investments.
- Losing the plot: what Bhangor farmers' stir says about Mamata's land policy
- #IWillGoOut: On 21 Jan over 20 cities unitedly march against sexual harassment
- Sheena Bora murder: CBI court frames charges against Indrani, Peter & Sanjeev
- Mass rape of Adivasi women in Bastar: Why are human rights body and women's panel mum?
- What killed the 6 pilgrims at Ganga Sagar? State says heart attack, PMO tweets stampede
- You may want to be clever like Birbal, but it's Chanakya who is inspiring many
- Heard of the love meter? You will in Khalid Akhtar's 'Love in Chakiwara'
- Snowflakes of Time review: This Sibal is the superior poet in the family
- Om Puri's memory deserves better than the sleazy biography his wife wrote
- Om Puri is finally free of the Chakravyuh we built around his life and death
- Kohli and Dhoni: A study in contrasts
- The biggest FIFA World Cup ever - 48 teams for 2026, will India make cut?
- O captain! My captain! There will never be another Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- SC axes Anurag Thakur as BCCI chief: the clean-up in Indian sport begins here
- Anurag Thakur ousted from his post as BCCI president by Supreme Court
- Trumpus Andronicus? What the Byzantine Empire can tell us about the rise of populist leaders
- The number of House Democrats boycotting Trump's inauguration just keeps increasing
- 8 men as rich as half the world says Oxfam report. Is there a way to fix this stark inequality?
- No room for dissent in Pakistan; liberals face risk of being persecuted
- Unverified but explosive dossier on US President-elect Donald Trump released online