Six people killed in fire at a bakery in Pune
Six people killed after a fire broke out at 'Bakes and Cakes' bakery in Maharashtra's Pune early morning on Friday.
The incident took place in a bakery near Talab company in Kondhwa Khurd locality of Pune.
The fire broke out on the ground floor of a multi-storey building.
According to reports, six employees who were sleeping inside the bakery were charred to death as the door was bolted from outside.
Though, it is believed that a short circuit caused the fire, the exact reason for the fire is yet to be ascertained.
Jharkhand: Mine collapses in Lalmatia; at least 7 dead, over 40 feared trapped
At least seven people have been killed and more than 40 people are suspected to be trapped under the debris as a mine collapsed in Lalmatia in Jharkand on Thursday.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das has announced Rs 2 lakh compensation for the deceased and Rs 25000 for the injured.
The mine collapsed around 8:30 pm, on 29 December. A heap of mud caved in at the entry point of the Latmatia mines of Eastern Coalfields Limited (ECL) in Godda district, police said.
Takam Pario replaces Pema Khandu as Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh
Takam Pario, the richest MLA in Arunachal Pradesh, unanimously elected as the state's new CM after the party temporarily suspended current CM Pema Khandu, according to reports.
On Thursday night, the Peoples' Party of Arunachal (PPA) suspended CM Khandu, Deputy Chief Minister Chowna Mein and five other MLAs from the party's primary membership temporarily - with immediate effect - alleging their involvement in anti-party activities.
PPA president Kahfa Begia, according to reports, said he was satisfied with the proof of their indulgence in gross "anti-party" activities.
Russia issues strict warning after US expels 35 Russian diplomats
Kremlin, on 30 December issued a strict warning after US expelled 35 Russian diplomats and imposed other sanctions on Russia over the hacking of US political parties' websites and email accounts before 2016 presidential elections.
"I cannot say now what the response will be, although, as we know, there is no alternative here to the principle of reciprocity," said Russian presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov in a statement late Thursday reported by the Interfax news service.
According to Washington Post, he added that Russian President Vladimir Putin would decide the exact response.
Indians can now bank with their thumb using the BHIM app
The BHIM app was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday, 30 December. The app aims to make digital transactions across the country as easy as possible for the common man. PM Modi was speaking at the Digi Dhan Mela at Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi. With the push for digital transactions, Modi proudly said that the digital economy is the future of the country.
- In pictures: Is Jallikattu about cruelty or culture?
- Here's how a 25-year-old law grad is helping Delhi's homeless beat the cold
- Malegaon blasts case: ex-cop Mujawar claims ATS actually killed 3 accused
- Jallikattu protests grip Tamil Nadu. But is it really a cruel sport?
- We were denied our basic right to pay homage, says Rohith Vemula's brother Raja
- You may want to be clever like Birbal, but it's Chanakya who is inspiring many
- Heard of the love meter? You will in Khalid Akhtar's 'Love in Chakiwara'
- Snowflakes of Time review: This Sibal is the superior poet in the family
- Om Puri's memory deserves better than the sleazy biography his wife wrote
- Om Puri is finally free of the Chakravyuh we built around his life and death
- Kohli and Dhoni: A study in contrasts
- The biggest FIFA World Cup ever - 48 teams for 2026, will India make cut?
- O captain! My captain! There will never be another Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- SC axes Anurag Thakur as BCCI chief: the clean-up in Indian sport begins here
- Anurag Thakur ousted from his post as BCCI president by Supreme Court
- Trump's inauguration merchandise includes chocolate bars, hot sauce and a dog poo bag
- Why we should send Bill Gates to Mars
- Trumpus Andronicus? What the Byzantine Empire can tell us about the rise of populist leaders
- The number of House Democrats boycotting Trump's inauguration just keeps increasing
- 8 men as rich as half the world says Oxfam report. Is there a way to fix this stark inequality?