Delhi Police detain students protesting demonetisation
Around 150 people were detained on 26 November after they tried to proceed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's residence to protest against the Centre's demonetisation move.
Students from various universities, workers and women from different parts of the city participated in the protest rally against note ban. Students from varsities like Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi University, Jamia Milia Islamia and Ambedkar University participated in the rally.
Amanmani Tripathi sent to 3-day CBI custody in connection with wife's murder
The Saket Sessions Court, on 26 November, handed over Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Amanmani Tripathi to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in three-day police custody in connection with the murder of his wife Sara.
Earlier, the CBI arrested Tripathi, son of jailed former UP minister Amarmani Tripathi, in connection with the alleged murder of his wife Sara. Sara died on July 9 when the car she was travelling in with Amanmani met with an accident on National Highway-2 in Firozabad district.
Indian Railways, IRCTC include transgender as third gender
Indian Railways and IRCTC have included "transgender as third gender" in the option alongside male and female in ticket reservation and cancellation forms.
The decision, which was taken on a representation made by a lawyer, will include the facility for reservations and cancellations, both online as well offline.
Armed men help Khalistani terrorist Harminder Singh Mintoo escape prison
Khalistan Liberation Force (KLF) chief and noted terrorist Harminder Singh Mintoo and four other prisoners escaped from Punjab's Nabha Jail on 27 November after 10 armed men broke into the jail and helped the prisoners top escape.
The four prisoners who escaped along Mintoo are Gurpreet Singh, Vicky Gondra, Nitin Deol and Vikramjeet Singh.
The incident happened early in the morning, when the armed men wearing police uniforms fired over 100 rounds at the jail authorities.
- High Court lets DU shop photocopy textbooks, but copyright battle isn't over yet
- TMC to hold a football tournament to mark note ban deaths. Yes it's true.
- Divorce triple talaq from politics. View it as a human issue
- Ex-Air chief SP Tyagi arrested in AgustaWestland scam. Are netas next?
- RSS labour wing BMS hits out at Modi: 'Note ban has failed completely'
- The tell-all book on Kohinoor, the world's most contested diamond is here
- Unfair tales: was Ravana's sister Surpanakha more hated than hateful?
- Indian poetry loses a leading light as Bekal Utsahi passes away
- In Pictures: 10 Amazing Photos from the Hornbill Festival 2016
- Forget happy pills, magic mushrooms can fight severe depression
- The undying afterlife of Milkha Singh
- Lodha panel wants BCCI officials replaced by GK Pillai. This battle isn't over
- Traditional welcome for Kashmir's 8-year-old world kickboxing champ
- The kickboxing kid: Rare photos of 8-year-old kickboxing champ Tajamul Islam
- Assam's 15-year old boy bags five gold medals in South Asian Aquatic Championship
- Faith, dissent and extremism: how Bangladesh is struggling to stay secular
- Will Trump victory make Angela Merkel leader of the free world?
- Pacific nations lose shortwave radio services that evade dictators and warn of natural disasters
- Trumpian deswampification
- Donald Trump's unpredictable foreign policy may destabilise world order