Lok Sabha adjourned till 28 November amid demonetisation uproar
The Lok Sabha was today adjourned till 28 November, amid a continuing uproar by the opposition over the issue of demonetisation.
The deadlock in Parliament continues over demonetisation issue as both Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha witnessed repeated adjournments today.
As soon as the Lok Sabha met, Mallikarjun Kharge of Congress questioned the Prime Minister's reported remark that those criticising the demonetisation process do not have any problem with the preparedness, but have a problem that they did not have the time to prepare themselves.
PM Modi should apologise for saying we possess black money: Opposition
Opposition leaders stormed into the well of the House in Parliament on Friday, chanting slogans against Prime Minister Narendra Modi for saying that those not supporting the demonetisation programme are not in favour of wiping out black money.
Ghulam Nabi Azad, Leader of Opposition demanded that PM Modi apologise for accusing the Opposition parties of supporting black money.
UN Gen Secy Ban ki-moon expresses worry over Kashmir LoC situation, urges India, Pakistan to work for peace
Deeply concerned over the "deterioration" in situation along the Line of Control in Kashmir, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has called for restoration of stability in the region, saying the world body supports "all efforts" to reach "durable" peace and security.
"The secretary-general is deeply concerned about the deterioration of the situation along the Line of Control in Kashmir in recent days," a United Nations statement attributed to his spokesman said.
"He calls on all involved to prioritise the restoration of calm and stability in order to prevent any further escalation and loss of life," the statement said, adding that Ban "trusts India and Pakistan can find common ground and work towards a sustainable peace."
Dogs remember events from past, just like humans
According to a recent study, dogs have kind of "episodic memory", which gives them remarkable ability to remember and recall events from the past.
The study, published in the Current Biology journal, found that dogs can recall a person's complex actions even when they don't expect to have their memory tested.
"The results of our study can be considered as a further step to break down artificially erected barriers between non-human animals and humans," said researcher Claudia Fugazza.
"Dogs are among the few species that people consider 'clever,' and yet we are still surprised whenever a study reveals that dogs and their owners may share some mental abilities despite our distant evolutionary relationship," she added.
High blood alcohol levels suppress appetite and weight gain: Study
A recent series of studies published in the journal 'Pharmacology, Biochemistry and Behavior', explored the relationship between feeding and alcohol consumption.
Conducted on rats, the studies showed laboratory rats will drink alcohol if it's available, and may even get a little tipsy. However, they won't voluntarily drink until they're drunk. And while ethanol is calorie-rich, rats that drink it eat less food and their total energy intake remains steady.
"I was looking at whether alcohol intake affects overall caloric intake and body weight change," said Nu-Chu Liang, who led the research.
Man tries to jump from public gallery in Lok Sabha
While proceedings of the winter session in Lok Sabha were underway today, a man tried to jump from the public gallery into the well of the house.
The moment, he tried to jump, security forces grabbed him.
The man has been identified has Rakesh Singh Baghel, who wanted to highlight his distress over demonetisation.
Baghel had come on the reference of Bulandshahr MP Bhola Singh.
- Five notes Modi should introduce on the monthversary of demonetisation
- Demonetisation is the reverse of a 'Robin Hood scheme': Experts
- Triple talaq illegal: Allahabad High Court. But matter won't end here
- This Mumbai family startled taxmen. Read why
- There is Modi. There is Kejriwal. And there are the homeless of Mehrauli
- Unfair tales: was Ravana's sister Surpanakha more hated than hateful?
- Indian poetry loses a leading light as Bekal Utsahi passes away
- In Pictures: 10 Amazing Photos from the Hornbill Festival 2016
- Forget happy pills, magic mushrooms can fight severe depression
- Quotes from the Earth: a film festival to focus on environmental issues is here
- The undying afterlife of Milkha Singh
- Lodha panel wants BCCI officials replaced by GK Pillai. This battle isn't over
- Traditional welcome for Kashmir's 8-year-old world kickboxing champ
- The kickboxing kid: Rare photos of 8-year-old kickboxing champ Tajamul Islam
- Assam's 15-year old boy bags five gold medals in South Asian Aquatic Championship
- Trumpian deswampification
- Donald Trump's unpredictable foreign policy may destabilise world order
- Should China really be riled by Donald Trump's call to Taiwan's president?
- Watch: Why India should be happy with Trump chastising China
- In Pictures: Magnitude 6.5 earthquake hits Aceh in Indonesia, kills dozens