Iranian model and actress Mandana Karimi is all set to take Bigg Boss 9 by storm. In keeping with the Double Trouble theme of the new Bigg Boss season, the actress has been paired with reality TV 'king' Prince Narula for the show.
However, not much is known about this soon-to-be TV sensation. Here are a few facts about this 27-year-old stunner that will help you get to know her better:
1. Mandana Karimi was born in Tehran, Iran to an Iranian mother and Indian father. She was discovered and launched by Vikram Bhatt in the Shivam Nair-directorial Bhaag Johnny, where she was paired opposite Kunal Khemu.
2. Before venturing into films, Karimi was an air hostess and a model.
3. She is rumoured to be dating Bollywood actor Tusshar Kapoor, who is her co-star in Ekta Kapoor's upcoming film Kya Kool Hai Hum 3.
4. It is said that Ekta Kapoor decided to cast her in the third installment to the Kya Kool Hai Hum franchise because Karimi resembles international beauty Liz Hurley.
5. Karimi will also be seen in upcoming Bollywood film Main Aur Charles. She has also done a cameo in Roy, which released earlier this year.
6. She was also seen with actor Arjun Kapoor in TV commercial 'Prisoner of Love' for Philips Pro Skin trimmer. Check out the video here:
7. Karimi expects to use her presence in Bigg Boss 9 to build a better connection with her fans.
"I don't want a push to my career. I don't crave for visibility and I am not looking for job offers. I have good films, which include Ekta Kapoor's Kya Kool Hain Hum 3. My only reason to join this show was to connect with my fans," the actress said before entering the Bigg Boss house.
Will she be able to win over audiences during her stay in the Bigg Boss house? What do you think?
-- Text by Vineeta Kumar