Most of the things you buy come packaged with little silica sachets. The sachets, which carry the unmissable 'DO NOT EAT' warning, are more useful than you know.
You know the sachets reduce moisture and absorb odours, but did you know there are countless ways you could reuse these?
A Business Insider report says theses sachets make for amazing life hacks and can save a lot of time, energy and money. Don't believe us? Take a look:
1) Silica sachets swiftly absorb moisture. So the next time you drop your phone in water, don't panic. Just switch your phone off and put it in a jar of silica to dry it up.
2) Keeping silica sachets below the windshields will help keep them dry.
3) Tired of having your razors rust from moisture? Try leaving them in tupperwares full of silica balls.
4) Storing your old photographs in cold places like the attic might cause irreparable damage to your precious memories. But fret not, all you need to do is put some silica sachets to keep your photos from sticking together.
5) Drop a few silica sachets into your gym bag to keep it moisture and odour free.
The next time you open a package and find these little sachets at the bottom, hold on to them. You never know when they will come in handy