Home » Regional Cinema » Thala 57: Ajith to play an Interpol officer in the action thriller
 
SPEED NEWS

Thala 57: Ajith to play an Interpol officer in the action thriller

Sree Prasad Nair | Updated on: 11 February 2017, 7:52 IST

Superstar Ajith is currently shooting for his 57th film - tentatively titled Thala 57​ - in Belgrade, Serbia.

The project will be produced by TG Thyagarajan under his banner, Sathya Jyothi Films. The film marks the third collaboration of Ajith and director Siva. Their previous outings, Veeram and Vedalam, were massive hits at the Box Office and the actor-director duo hope to score a hattrick with Thala 57.

In a recent interview with a leading daily, producer TG Thyagarajan revealed that the plot of Thala 57 would be very different from Veeram and Vedalam.

"The story of Thala 57 will be entirely different from Siva's previous two films, Veeram and Vedalam. Ajith's character is completely unique. He portrays an Interpol officer who investigate a crime in Tamil Nadu which has extreme roots across the globe, especially in European countries. We will be filming 70% of portions in European countries and the rest 30% will be shot in India," he was quoted as saying.

The music of the film has been composed by Anirudh Ravichander. The film also marks the Tamil debut of Akshara Haasan, who will play the role of Ajith's colleague. Kajal Aggarwal will play his wife in the film.

Thala 57 is slated to hit the screens worldwide in April 2017.

First published: 4 August 2016, 3:56 IST
 
PREVIOUS STORY
NEXT STORY