Malayalam actor Nivin Pauly celebrated his 32nd birthday on 11 October. It may be difficult to believe that the young actor, who is enjoying a stellar run at the Box Office, made his acting debut only a few years ago - with the 2010 Vineeth Srinivasan-directorial, Malarvaadi Arts Club.
It was Nivin's second outing with Vineeth, Thattathin Marayathu, that helped make him a household name overnight. Since his debut, Nivin has acted in close to 20 films - most of which have found success at the Box Office.
This year, the Premam actor donned the producer's hat for Action Hero Biju - which set the ticket window on fire.
On his 32nd birthday, here is a quick look at the life and career of Nivin Pauly, or 'Hit Machine' as he is called:
1) Nivin Pauly was born in Aluva, Kerala. He completed his education in Kerala. He would spend his annual school holidays in Switzerland - where his parents lived and worked.
2) He holds a B Tech honours in Electronics & Communication Engineering. He graduated from the Federal Institute of Science and Technology (FISAT).at Angamaly in 2006.
3) Nivin enjoyed a brief stint as a software engineer at Infosys in Bangalore. After working for two years, he quit his job in order to tr his luck in the film industry.
4) Nivin married his long-time girlfriend, Rinna Joy in 2010. The couple, who were classmates in engineering college, have a son, Daveed Pauly- who was born in 2012.
5) Nivin was rejected during the first round of auditions for Vineeth Srinivasan's Malarvadi Arts Club. However, he managed to bag the role of Prakashan. In between Malarvadi Arts Club and the 2012 Thattathin Marayathu, he made a number of appearances in films like Traffic, Metro and Spanish Masala.
6) Thattathin Marayathu was a runaway hit at the Box Office. The writer-actor duo's next films,Oru Vadakkan Selfie and Jacobinte Swargarajyam, were also blockbusters at the Box Office.
7) Nivin has also starred in a music video with Nazriya Nazim - titled Nenjhodu Cherthu for the album Yuvvh. The song boasts an impressive number of YouTube views.
8) In his six-year-long career, Nivin has recorded 15 clean hits at the Box Office. Interestingly, he is one of the few actors in the industry to have eight consecutive Box Office hits. His films have bagged him one Kerala State award and 3 Filmfare and SIIMA awards each.
9) Of the current all-time top 10 Malayalam highest-grossers, five are Nivin Pauly films - including Premam, Bangalore Days, Oru Vadakkan Selfie, Jacobinte Swargarajyam and Action Hero Biju. Interestingly, all these films were Rs 20 crore plus grossers at the Box Office.
10) His best known film is the 2015 coming-of-age film, Premam. The film, which minted Rs 41 crore at the Box Office, is the third highest Malayalam hit after Mohanlal's Drishyam and Prithviraj's Ennum Ninte Moideen. The film ran for over 100 days at the Chennai Box Office, bagging Nivin a large fanbase among Tamil movie goers. The actor is all set for his Tamil debut in 2017.