Telugu cinema superstar Nagarjuna celebrated his 57th birthday on 29 August.
The actor, who has over 90 films to his name, made his debut with the 1986 film Vikram - a remake of Subhash Ghai's 1983 Bollywood blockbuster Hero. The film was a huge a hit at the Box Office. However, his next two releases, Captain Nagarjuna and Aranyakanda, tanked at the ticket window.
Nagarjuna made a strong comeback in 1988, when he delivered five consecutive hits with Aakhari Porattam, Chinababu, Murali Krishnudu, Janaki Ramudu and Rao Garu Illu.
On his 57th birthday, here is a quick look at the personal and professional life of the Telugu star:
1) Nagarjuna is the son of veteran actor Nageswara Rao Akkineni. Before bagging his first major lead role, he acted as child artist in 1967 film, Sudigundalu.
2) His real name is Akkineni Nagarjuna. Among his fans, he is fondly known as Nag. Before making his foray into the film industry, he completed his Bachelors of Engineering from The Little Flower Junior College. He also pursued his MS in Automobile Engineering from Eastern Michigan University.
3) Nagarjuna has acted in 93 films till date, including Tamil and Hindi projects. He made his Bollywood debut in 1990 with Shiva, a remake of his Telugu blockbuster of the same name. Later, he went on to act in several Bollywood films, including Khuda Gawah, Drohi, Criminal, Zakhm, Angaarey, Agni Varsha, LOC Kargil and Tamil films like Ratchagan, Payanam and Thozha.
4) Siva is touted to be a landmark film in Nagarjuna's acting career. The Telugu film also marked the directorial debut of Ram Gopal Varma.
5) In 1984, Nagarjuna got married to Dr D Ramanaidu's daughter, Lakshmi Daggubati. They separated in 1990. He later married actress Amala. He has a son, Naga Chaitanya, with Lakshmi and another son, Akhil, from his marriage to Amala. Both of his sons have been making waves in the Telugu film industry.
6) Nagarjuna and Amala are the co-founders of a non-government organisation which works for the welfare of animals.
7) In an acting career spanning 30-years, Nagarjuna has won two National awards, eight Nandi awards, three Filmfare awards and three CineMaa awards.
8) Nagarjuna, who is known as the evergreen romance hero of Tollywood cinema, has also acted in devotional films like Ramadasu, Annamaya, and Shiridi Sai Baba. Following the release of Shiridi Sai Baba, he asked his fans to stop referring to him as 'Naga Sai'.
9) He made his television debut in 2009 as a producer with the TV serial Yuva. He also hosts a TV show named Meelo Evaru Koteeswarudu, the Telugu version of Amitabh Bachchan's hit TV show, Kaun Banega Crorepati.
10) Apart from his acting career, Nagarjuna has also found success as a producer. He has introduced a number of fresh faces under his home banner, Annapurna Studios. He is also one of the partners of popular Telugu channel, Maa TV. What's more, he also owns a chain of hotels named N Convention Halls and Hotels.