Thirteen years ago today, on 9 July, Simhadri released. The Telugu action masala entertainer had set the cash registers ringing at the Box Office with its release in 2003.
The SS Rajamouli directorial featured Jr NTR, Bhoomika Chawla, and Ankitha in lead roles.
A whole 4,745 days after it first hit the screens, here are 5 little-known facts about Simhadri.
1. Simhadri is the second directorial outing of SS Rajamouli. The success of the film brought the director into the top league of filmmakers.
2. Similarly, Simhadri did wonders for the lead actor of the film, Jr NTR. Simhadri is considered as a landmark film in Jr NTR's career as the actor achieved superstardom with the film. The film also showcased the superstar's acting prowess.
3. Simhadri was Rajamouli's second outing with Jr NTR. The director's debut outing, Student No 1, a 2002 hit film was also with the Temper actor and the director-actor duo later went on to record a hat trick of successes with 2007 blockbuster Yamadonga.
4. Simhadri was a rocking success at the Tollywood Box Office. It created several records upon its release and the movie went on to run more than 100 days in 150 cinemas.
5. The content of the Simhadri was so strong that it was later remade in Tamil as Gajendra (2004) and in Kannada as Kanteerava (2012).