In an apparent gang war, a gangster and his driver were shot at, outside Central Mall in Gurgaon on 15 July. It has emerged that the police has a put a reward for Rs 50,000 on the suspects. Apart from that, three country made pistols have also been recoverd from the site of the accident.
- During the shootout, a bullet missed Rakesh Hayatpur, an alleged gangster and hit the driver, who lost control of the vehicle and rammed into an auto rickshaw.
- The impact of the collision was so high that it completely crushed the auto claiming life of the driver.
- Hayatpur's driver got critically injured and was taken to Artemis hospital.
- At the time of incident, two personal security officer officers were also present inside the car.
- Hayatpur has several cases registered against him and this shootout seems to be a case of gang rivalry.
- The attackers had come in a black Santro car which had a Uttar Pradesh registration number on it.
- The MG road has been sealed due to the incident and the traffic has been diverted to other routes.
- Reportedly, one rickshaw puller has also died in the incident.