Speed News Desk | Updated on: 13 February 2017, 3:22 IST
Rajya Sabha was adjourned for the day after uproar on the Lalit Modi controversy. The opposition was adamant on External Minister Sushma Swaraj's resignation on the controversy and accused the BJP of running away from the debate.
- The Congress attacked the BJP asking on what humanitarian grounds was the tainted ex-IPL commissioner helped by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.
- Leading the Opposition protests, Congress members forced three adjournments in the pre-lunch session making both Question and Zero hour a casualty.
- The opposition also raised the issue of Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje favouring Lalit Modi.
How did the BJP defend?
- Leader of the House and Finance Minister Arun Jaitley immediately responded and said that the BJP was ready for discussion on the issue and would answer all questions if the opposition wants a proper discussion.
- He also said that Sushma Swaraj was ready to speak on the issue and indicated that she would give statement regarding the issue.