Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday claimed that there were no major blasts or terror attack in India since 2014. However, hardly hours after his speech, 16 security personnel were killed in a blast triggered by Naxals in Maharashtra’s Gadchiroli. Reacting on the Maoist attack, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi attacked Prime Minister Narendra Modi and said he needs to keep his ears open.
Taking to his official Twitter Handle, Congress president Rahul Gandhi tweeted, "The PM says since 2014 the sounds of blasts can't be heard in India. Pulwama, Pathankot, Uri, Gadchiroli and 942 other major bombings since 2014. The PM needs to open his ears and listen.”
The PM says since 2014 the sounds of blasts can't be heard in India.— Rahul Gandhi (@RahulGandhi) May 1, 2019
and 942 other major bombings since 2014.
The PM needs to open his ears and listen. https://t.co/gj1ngrZm5i
Speaking at a rally in Ayodhya on Wednesday, PM Modi had said that since 2014 no terror took place in India. “We saw what happened in Sri Lanka. The same situation prevailed in our country before 2014. Can we forget the blast in Ayodhya? There were terrorist attacks on a daily basis,” PM Modi said.
“This is a new India, which will strike terrorists in their den, within the border and outside it,” he said in an election rally.
Not only Rahul Gandhi, senior Congress leader and former finance minister P Chidambaram also attacked PM Modi last week over his claims of no terror attack. Chidambaram posted a list of blasts in Mohra, Dantewada, Palamu, Aurangabad, Koraput, Sukma, Awapalli and Chhattisgarh and questioned in a tweet, "Is it due to memory loss or due to a compulsive habit...will someone please read to the PM".