Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in his address to the nation on Tuesday, stated that timely decision and steps have played a key role in tackling Covid-10.
"In comparison to other countries, India is still in a very stable situation, in the battle against COVID-19," said PM Modi.
Nevertheless, PM Modi stated that, a lot of people have refrained from following rules in the midst of the pandemic since Unlock 1.
Here are the key highlights from PM Modi's address:
* On coronavirus the Prime Minister said that we are entering Unlock-2 while battling the Coronavirus. We are also now entering a season, where there will be lots of rain and hence we will be more prone to diseases. So, it is my appeal to you all to take necessary preventive steps.
* In comparison to other nations, India is still in a very stable situation, in the battle against coronavirus. Our death rate is under control. Timely decisions and measures have played a great part.
* People who are not abiding by the rules need to be stopped and made aware of the problems. Nobody is above rules in India, even if it's the leader of the nation.
* We notice that there has been a negligence by people in their social and personal behaviour. Like the way we used to meticulously wash hands, used sanitisers, wore masks, maintained social distancing and avoided shaking hands... we see that that is not happening as strictly anymore. That is a sign of worry. This is a serious matter, and we must ensure that we maintain the discipline.
* On Gareeb Kalyan Rozgar Yojana: In the past few months, farmers have got a total of Rs 18,000 crore directly in their bank accounts, for migrants too, the PM Gareeb Kalyan Rozgar Yojana has been launched. About 80 crore people have also got 5 kg ration for free and 1 kg of dal (cereal) per month free of cost. The government is working round the clock to ensure that people get the support they need in this time of crisis.
* Keeping in mind all the festivals that are coming in the next few months, this scheme to provide 80 crore people with 5 kg free ration and 1 kg dal (cereal) per month will now be extended till the end of November.
* We are now introducing One Nation One Ration Card. This will very much benefit migrant workers and their families.