A NEET aspirant from Tamil Nadu’s Villupuram district swallowed poison after the declaration of results. She died after consuming the poison at the age of 17 years, her name was Pratibha. The reason behind committing suicide was failing in the National Eligibility cum entrance test (NEET), the result of medical entrance exam was declared on Monday. She used to live in Peruvallur village of Gingee taluk and had successfully scored 1125 out of 1200 in her intermediate board exams. Her father is a labourer at construction sites.
According to the police offer “She consumed poison after she failed the NEET. We have not received any formal complaint yet but this is what we have heard,”. According to the neighbours and relatives, she was looking upset after the declaration of results, even her parents consoled her and told her not to be worried about the results.
Her family rushed her to Tiruvannamalai Government Hospital after she consumed poison on Mond but doctors declared her dead.
The actor and politician spoke to the media at Chennai airport and expressed his grief on the death of Pratibha “Really it is a sad thing to hear. I express my condolence to the family of that girl. We all should take necessary steps to prevent such kind of things”.
In a similar case, 19-year-old girl Anitha committed suicide last year after failing in the NEET exam. Only 40% students were able to clear the NEET exam in Tamilnadu.