Manushi Chhillar who won the title of Miss World 2017 was born in Jhajjar, Haryana on May 14, 1997. The crown won by any Indian women after almost 17 years. Before this, in 2000, Priyanka Chopra had won this title. And now after defeating 118 contestants from all over the world, Manushi claimed this title.
Here are some lesser known facts about the young girl:
* Manushi who was a medical student studied in Delhi and Sonipat. Miss World comes from an educated background as her father Dr Mitra Basu Chhillar is a scientist in the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) whereas her mother Dr Neelam Chhillar is an MD in Biochemistry.
* She has been a student of Bhagat Phool Singh Government Medical College for Women, Sonepat. To achieve the Miss World title, she had to drop her studies for a year. Manushi who studied in St. Thomas School, New Delhi is the 6th Indian women to be crowned Miss World.
* Manushi who is a trained Kuchipudi dancer loves to play outdoor games and have also interest in painting and writing poetry. In outdoor games, she is quite crazy about paragliding, bungee jumping and scuba diving.
* Manushi had to sacrifice many of her favorites for this crown. In an interview she told that she like to eat sweet dishes. But for the preparation of Miss India she had to sacrifice it.
* She has also been a part of National School of Drama and enjoys swimming in her free time. In class 12th Manushi was CBSE all-India topper in English and also topped in 10th.
* She is also running a project called 'Project Shakti' that works to make women aware about menstrual hygiene and spread awareness in 20 villages.