Home » national news » Man charred to death as hut catches fire
 
SPEED NEWS

Man charred to death as hut catches fire

News Agencies | Updated on: 21 September 2017, 17:25 IST

A 65-year-old bed-ridden man was on 21 September charred to death after his hut caught fire near here, fire and rescue officials services said.

The fire broke out in one of the huts at Keeraithottam this morning and it soon spread to nearby houses, they said.

At least 44 huts were gutted in the fire incident, they added.

People ran out of their houses but Mohan, an agricultural labourer, could not as he was bed-ridden, the officials said.

His wife was not at home when the incident occurred.

Six fire tenders from Karaikal, Neravy and other nearby places rushed to the spot and extinguished the fire after fighting for nearly two hours.

The exact reason for the fire is not immediately known, police said, adding a case has been registered.

-PTI

First published: 21 September 2017, 17:25 IST
 
NEXT STORY