Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in his historic address at the joint session of the US Congress at Capitol Hill on 8 June, said the need of the hour for both nations was to deepen their security cooperation.
While the Prime Minister received a multitude of standing ovations and applause during his address, some of his words also left the Congressmen and women laughing.
Here are top quotes from Prime Minister Modi's speech:
1. India applauds the great sacrifices of the men and women from 'The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave' in service of mankind.
2. India will never forget the solidarity shown by US Congress when terrorists from across our border attacked Mumbai in 2008.
3. Those who believe in humanity must come together as one and speak against this menace in one voice. Terrorism must be delegitimised.
4. My dream is to economically empower our billion citizens through many social and economic transformations.
5. SIRI tells us that India's ancient heritage of yoga has over 30 million practitioners in the USA. And, we have not yet claimed intellectual property right on yoga.
6. Connecting our two nations is also a unique and dynamic bridge of three million Indian-Americans.
7. Terrorism is incubated in India's neighbourhood, commend US Congress for sending a clear message to those who preach terror for political gains.
8. The philosophy of terrorism is common, of hate, murder and violence.
9. Mahatma Gandhi's non-violence inspired Martin Luther King's heroism.
10. Connecting our two nations is also a unique and dynamic bridge of three million Indian Americans. They are your strength. They are also the pride of India.