In an horrific incident that took place in Gorakhpur's Baba Raghav Das Medical College hospital on 11 August, 63 children died due to alleged shortage of oxygen.
The children were reportedly suffering from encephalitis, which is a sudden onset inflammation of the brain, and the shortage of oxygen allegedly led to the death of 63 children.
The families of the children have claimed that the doctors were not treating them well and the hospital was not even providing the medicines which were required for the treatment.
Here are the 10 latest development:
- Raids are being conducted at the company that supplied oxygen cylinders to Gorakhpur hospital.
- Deaths not due to oxygen supply cut-off, no one can stop (oxygen) supply like this, we know consequences: Meenu Walia, HR Pushpa Gas agency.
- FIR has been filed against oxygen supplier.
- Owner of the liquid oxygen supply firm Pushpa Sales Pvt limited, Manish Bhandari, is absconding.
- The death toll has climbed to 63.
- Government is not doing their job. They are busy in hounding SP workers. See what happened in Bareilly and Ballia: Akhilesh Yadav.
- Not a tragedy, it's a massacre, said Nobel pecae prize winning social activist Kailash Satyarthi on Gorakhpur hospital deaths.
- Doctors were forced to keep two patients on one bed, patients' families say they are buying medicine, food from outside.
- Opposition demanded CM Yogi's resignation after kids die at UP hospital.
- BRD Medical College has seen more than 3,000 child deaths in six years.