Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday spoke to fitness influencers and citizens across India during a nationwide "Fit India Dialogue" to mark the first anniversary of the Fit India Movement.
The virtual discussion saw participator dishing out tips and anecdotes from their personal fitness journey and the prime minister expressing his thoughts on the goodness of a healthy life.
Indian cricketer skipper Virat Kohli, model and avid runner Milind Soman, nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar and other fitness influencers were all taking part in the event.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the "Fit India Age Appropriate Fitness Protocols" during the online Fit India Dialogue.
Highlights on what PM Modi and fitness influencers said:
* The prime minister to professional footballer Afshan Ashiq: You are a big inspiration for women, especially for women in Kashmir. By following you, girls all over the country will be empowered.
* PM Narendra Modi to fitness influencer Milind Soman: You have been a vocal supporter of Make in India initiative. There is no age bar for fitness.
* Furthermore Milind Soman stated: My mother inspires me while I inspire her too. You need to study yourself and make your own exercise routine. I don't go to the gym, I work with whatever I have available. It is very important to remain healthy and fit. The only thing you need in fitness is the attitude and self-belief.
* PM Modi: When you work with determination without any greed, no problems arise. If you do something with reluctance, you will not enjoy it. But if you are willingly doing something, not only do you enjoy it, but it also brings energy.
* PM Modi: Whenever I speak with my mother, which is once or twice a week, she always asks one thing - whether I am consuming haldi (turmeric) or not.
* Dietician Rujuta Diwekar: Your appeal for "vocal for local" is the need of the hour. When we say Haldi doodh is good for health, people don't listen. Call it "Turmeric Latte" and people have it to make it a statement. Compromising on a balanced and healthy diet is not good at all. Don't count what you eat. Eat enough to feel comfortable.
* Captain of Indian cricket team Virat Kohli stated that, fitness has to be priority. Earlier, to improve my game, I started to focus on fitness. But now I have realised fitness is the priority. Today, life has become too hectic.
We will be left behind if we do not sync our fitness with our life. Everybody gets tired after physical activity, but it depends on your diet and lifestyle too. Our fitness level is still lower than that of other teams, and we need to fix that.