While addressing the BJP’s National Convention at Ramlila Maidan here in Delhi, the Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman claimed that ‘no terrorist attack took place in India since 2014,’ but the truth portrays something else.
Sitharaman claimed that under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, it has been a peaceful process and terrorists have not been able to disturb the peace across the country.
Sitharaman said at the National Convention of BJP that “We have not had one major terrorist attack in this country after 2014. This govt under the leadership of PM Modi has ensured one thing that there shall not be an opportunity for terrorists to disturb peace.”
But this statement looks a bit farce as the evidence are incriminating that India suffered attacks and that too under the PM Narendra Modi’s regime.
Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman at BJP National Convention in Delhi: We have not had one major terrorist attack in this country after 2014. This govt under the leadership of PM Modi has ensured one thing that there shall not be an opportunity for terrorists to disturb peace. pic.twitter.com/qWehbpZkFd— ANI (@ANI) January 12, 2019
1. Gurudaspur: Three terrorists entered the district of Dina Nagar in Gurudaspur in July 2015 and killed 7 people.
2. Pathankot: Alleged Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorists had attacked an Air Force base in Pathankot in January 2016 and killed 3 security personnel, although Indian forces were able to kill four terrorists. And PM Modi had commented then saying, “enemies of humanity who can’t see India progress tried to strike at our strategic area, a prominent airbase at Pathankot. I appreciate our armed forces and thank them for foiling our enemy’s attempt.”
3. Kokrajhar: 14 civilians were killed in an attack in Kokrajar, Assam in August 2016, carried out by alleged militants of National Democratic Front of Bodoland.
Pained beyond words on the dastardly attack on peaceful Amarnath Yatris in J&K. The attack deserves strongest condemnation from everyone.— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) July 10, 2017
4. Uri: In a dastardly attack on an Indian Army base in Uri, 19 Indian soldiers were martyred by the terrorists who belonged to Jaish-e-Mohammed and Indian Army was able to kill 4 terrorists thereafter. PM Modi had said “I assure the nation that those behind this despicable attack will not go unpunished.”
5. Amarnath: In July 2017, when a bus after visiting the Amarnath was returning, terrorists attacked the vehicle, killing 7 people and even attacked police vehicle. PM Modi had tweeted, “Pained beyond words on the dastardly attack on peaceful Amarnath Yatris in J&K. The attack deserves strongest condemnation from everyone.”