As Prime Minister Narendra Modi landed in Bihar to kick-start his party's poll campaign, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar launched an attack, posing seven questions to him.
In a series of tweets Nitish Kumar asked the following questions to the Prime Minister
- "You promised special status for Bihar. 14 months and people are still waiting," when will the state get its special status, he asked.
- "With 14th Finance Commission report and withdrawal of BRGF (Backward Regional Grant Fund), Bihar to lose Rs 50,000 crore in five years. Is this your cooperative federalism?" he asked.
- He asked "People are waiting to get their Rs 15-20 lakh from the blackmoney you promised to bring back from abroad. Could we hear something on this"?
- "First U-turn on Minimum Support Price (MSP), then your apathy towards farmers' distress and finally your new land bill. Is this what you promised to farmers?" he asked.
- He also asked "By 2022 you have promised house for everybody with facility of electricity and water. How would be fulfilled without allocation of fund or any plan so far?"
- "You started Jan Dhan scheme in the way to make people believe that it's not only a bank account, but it's opening peoples fortune. Today more than 70 per cent accounts are ineffective. Nobody knows how poor would be benefited from such bank accounts?" he asked.
- Kumar also alleged that a few capitalists had benefited from the central government and asked when 'acche din' would come for the common man.
(with inputs from PTI)