Festivals in India are great opportunities to treat your taste buds with a variety of traditional food items. As India celebrates Shri Krishna Janamashtmi today, here is our quick recipe for Makhane Ki Kheer.
Ingredients for Makhane Ki Kheer recipe
Milk - 4 cups
Sugar - 2 cups
Dry fruits - 1 cup
Ghee - 3 table spoons
Makhane or foxnuts - 2 cups
1. Pour milk in a pan and set aside on low flame. Keep stirring so that it doesn't overflow.
2. Heat ghee in another pan and fry dry fruits in it till they turn slightly brown or golden. Take them out once done.
3. Fry makhane in the same pan until they turn crunchy and slightly brown.
4. Now add the roasted makhane in milk and stir well. Take extra care to ensure that milk doesn't overflow.
5. Add sugar and keep stirring.
6. Now add dry fruits and mix well.
Now enjoy your yummy makhane ki kheer!