Home » international news » Shocking! Petrified trapeze act goes wrong on 'America's Got Talent'; video inside
 

Shocking! Petrified trapeze act goes wrong on 'America's Got Talent'; video inside

Speed News Desk | Updated on: 19 July 2018, 11:22 IST

Tyce Nielsen and Mary Wolfe-Nielsen, an acrobatic married couple showed their daring trapeze act on "America's Got Talent" on Tuesday's episode. While the duo were performing their act,  Mary Wolfe slipped away from his husband's grip and landed with a stamp on the stage.

Cut to the shocked and screaming judges and audience members. The couple's 2-year-old son and his grandmother were watching, too.

Mary Wolfe got up from the mat, smiled and waved at the audience, indicating that she was fine. Nielsen removed his blindfold and joined her on the stage for a kiss. "We would like to try the blindfold trick one more time," Wolfe-Nielsen said.

Alkso Read: Watch video: Singing golden retriever impressed everyone, including Simon Cowell, on America’s Got Talent


"This isn't 'America's Got Perfection,' it's called, 'America's Got Talent,'" said guest judge Ken Jeong. "It's OK, it's OK."

"I don't think there's ever been a singer on any of our competitions who's been note-perfect. It still doesn't make them not amazing. It makes them human," judge Simon Cowell added. "The consequences on this are slightly worse than slightly falling off key, where you nearly broke your neck."

Cowell said, "and the fact that you're legally blind makes this incredible."

Nielsen has Keratoconus, a disorder in which the cornea, the eye's curved, transparent outermost layer, becomes thin and changes into a cone shape that distorts vision.

The judges ended voting to advance the duo to the next round of competition.

Mishaps happen from time to time on the reality TV competition show and its international iterations. In 2016, a daredevil couple performed a series of stunts before AmberLynn Walker, using a crossbow, accidentally shot a flaming arrow at Ryan Stock's throat. He had just swallowed a lamp - which had a bull's eye on its base that stuck out his mouth - but the arrow missed its mark, landed on his throat and caused a short burst of flames. According to the couple, Walker's aim was accurate but the arrow had a broken notch.

"We had a serious mishap tonight," Stock tweeted. "A very unfortunate mechanical failure but I am very fortunate to walk away from it."


First published: 19 July 2018, 11:22 IST
 
NEXT STORY