Coronavirus Lockdown: List of services that will remain open or close during 21-day nationwide lockdown
In a view of coronavirus pandemic outbreak across the nation, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced a 21-day lockdown starting from March 25 midnight.
The decision has been taken on March 25 at 8 pm, to combat the COVID-19 infection. People are getting panic that how they will manage their daily routine tasks and what they will eat if the lockdown imposed. Because PM Modi himself requested people not to visit outside as the coming days are very crucial for every one of us. He also asked people to consider the lockdown as a curfew.
So, people who want to know what services will remain open or what not? Check the list given below:
Services that will remain continue are as follow:
- Banks, insurance offices and ATMs.
- Ration shops, groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk, meat and fish, animal fodder. Even district authorities encourage home delivery to minimize people's movement for buying goods.
- Print and electronic media
- Petrol pumps, LPG, petroleum and gas retail, and storage outlets
- Telecommunication services (internet, cable, IT/IT-enabled services for essentials)
- Cold storage and warehousing
- Private security services
- Power and electricity services
- Capital and debt markets notified by SEBI
- Delivery of food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment through e-commerce
- Offices of GOI that will remain open are police forces, treasury, Defence, public utilities, disaster management, power generation and transmission, and post offices.
- First and foremost services are Hospitals and all medical establishments that will remain open. Transportation only of essential services will be permitted.
- Hotels/lodges etc will remain open in a bid to accommodate the facility for stranded persons due to lockdown, emergency staff, air and sea crew will also remain open.
What will be closed:
- Educational institutions, places of worship, functions and gatherings will be closed/barred without exception.
- In the funeral, not more than 20 people will be allowed to appear.
- GOI & State offices, commercial, private establishments, transport services (exceptions above) will remain closed.