Tom Cruise still 'feels the need' the 'need for speed'.
The 54-year-old-actor confirmed that a sequel to 1986 classic 'Top Gun' is happening and might start filming "probably in the next year."
The ' Edge of Tomorrow' star, while giving an interview to an Australian morning show Sunrise, said, "It is definitely happening."
Adding, "It's true. It's true. I'm going to start filming it probably in the next year. I know. It's happening. It is definitely happening ... you're the first people that I've said this to."
Last year, producer Jerry Bruckheimer also tweeted a photo with the actor and wrote, "Just got back from a weekend in New Orleans to see my old friend Tom Cruise and discuss a little Top Gun 2."
Some time back Cruise clarified on ' The Graham Norton Show' that they were trying to figure it out, how to move forward with the movie.
Despite mixed reviews, the original 'Top Gun' was a massive success at the Box Office - earning more than 450 million USD worldwide against a budget of less than 30 million USD.
The movie also snapped up an Oscar for ' Best Original Song.'
On a related note, Tom Cruise will be next seen in 'The Mummy,' which hit the theatres on June 9 in the US.
' The Mummy' also stars Sofia Boutella, Russell Crowe and Annabelle Wallis in pivotal roles.