Have you applied for UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination this year and worrying how to prepare for it? Then, don't worry we are here to help you. As you all know that the UPSC prelims will be held on 3 June 2018 and it is not easy to cover the whole syllabus in a month.
Candidates have to face the stages to qualify the exam and it is 'A' category examination, therefore, it requires the best preparation so that one can crack the examination in one go.
Those who are doing the preparation seriously are always in search of proper guidance so that their half of the problem could be solved. It is necessary for every aspirant to understand the vast syllabus of the examination.
Those who have applied for the examination before they know the pattern of the exam while who are appearing for the first time we are going to tell you that how to prepare for the exam.
Every aspirant should know that there are two objective type of papers in the preliminary examination:
1. General Studies Paper 1
2. General Studies Paper 2 (CSAT)
Both the examinations are of 200 marks each. All the candidates need to score at least 33% in this paper to qualify for the UPSC mains exam. Then, only your rank will be counted in the prelims examination.
Here are the tips for you so that you can prepare your examination in 3 months:
1. Know your complete syllabus
2. Make a timetable so that all the topics can be covered
3. Have a look at previous years question papers
4. Keep updated yourself with current affairs
5. Don't ignore to read NCERT books along with other competitive books
6. Test yourself daily by solving unsolved papers
7. Don't forget to read Governmental committees reports
8. Make short notes of all important topics
9. Revise all the topics on a daily basis that you have already prepared