The Indian team ended the Sri Lanka ODI series on a very high note as the white wash became the cherry on the top. Indian captain Virat Kohli (110*) blasted a ton and helped India in chasing down the target of 238 runs with ease.
On the bowling front, it was the day of pacer Bhuvneshwar Kumar who claimed a five wicket haul. Apart from the exceptional 6 wickets victory against Sri Lanka, the day will be remembered for many other commendable records and moments.
1. Mahendra Singh Dhoni becomes the first Wicket-Keeper to effect 100 stumpings in ODIs.
2. A list of players with most hundreds in ODIs:
Sachin Tendulkar (India) - 49
Ricky Ponting (Australia) / Virat Kohli (India) - 30
Sanath Jayasuriya (Sri Lanka) - 28
Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka) / Hashim Amla (South Africa) - 25
AB de Villiers (South Africa) - 24
3. Most ODI centuries against an opponent:
Tendulkar (India) vs Australia - 9
Tendulkar (India) vs SL/ Kohli (India) vs SL - 8
Jayasuriya (Sri Lanka) vs India / Saeed Anwar (Pakistan) vs SL - 7
4. Players who scored back-to-back ODI hundreds maximum number of times:
AB de Villiers (SA) - 7
Saeed Anwar (Pak) / K Sangakkara (SL) / Virat Kohli (Ind) - 5
Ross Taylor (New Zealand) - 4
5. Scoring 1000+ runs in a calendar year most times:
S Tendulkar (Ind) - 7
S Ganguly (Ind) / R Ponting (Aus) / K Sangakkara (SL) - 6
Virat Kohli (Ind) - 5
S Jayasuriya (SL) / M Yousuf/ M Jayawardene (SL)/ T Dilshan (SL) - 4
6. Bhuvneshwar Kumar earned his maiden five-wicket haul on the ODI.
7. India became the first team to clean-sweep a bilateral ODI series in Sri Lanka
Well, it can rightly be said that It was raining records at the R.Premadasa Stadium in Colombo.