Home » cricket news » BCCI awaits CAC's response on Head Coach appointment
 
SPEED NEWS

BCCI awaits CAC's response on Head Coach appointment

News Agencies | Updated on: 9 June 2017, 18:34 IST
BCCI awaits CAC's response on Head Coach appointment

Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) acting president CK Khanna on Friday said that the board is still waiting for the Cricket Advisory Committee's (CAC) response with regard to the selection of the national team's Head Coach.

"CAC met yesterday after India and Sri Lanka match. They had asked for some time. They had sent a message that they will revert back to BCCI soon. They are yet to send their response," Khanna said in an exclusive conversation with ANI.

"So, we are waiting for their response and we will take the action accordingly," he added.

Earlier, Khanna wrote to acting secretary Amitabh Chaudhary requesting him to defer the coach selection process till the BCCI's Special General Meeting (SGM) which is to be held on June 26.

He had also revealed that whoever gets the job will be given a contract till the 2019 World Cup.

However, a final call on the same will be taken by the Committee of Administrators ( CoA).

The CAC, comprising of Sourav Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar and V.V.S. Laxman, of the BCCI met and discussed the process with regard to the selection of the head coach of Team India on Thursday.

After the meeting, it was decided by the CAC to revert to the BCCI at an appropriate time.

It is learnt that trio of Ganguly, Laxman and Tendulkar, who had roped in Kumble in place of Ravi Shastri, also want the current coach to continue in the post.

The BCCI had earlier invited applications for the post of the head coach as Kumble's one-year tenure comes to an end with the ICC Champions Trophy.

While Dodda Ganesh, Lalchand Rajput, Richard Pybus and Tom Moody had submitted applications for the post, Virender Sehwag forwarded a two-line cover letter to the management.

The exercise to appoint a new head coach comes amid reports of a rift between Kumble and skipper Virat Kohli.

Kohli, however, denied the validity of any such rumours and criticised the media for raking up the issue.

The board, on the other hand, had also said it was not under any pressure and was just following a process because Kumble's contract was for one year and the selection process needed to be kept transparent.

-ANI

First published: 9 June 2017, 18:34 IST
 
PREVIOUS STORY
NEXT STORY