Prem Ratan Dhan Payo crossed the Rs 100 crore mark on 14 November, its third day at the box office. This is Salman Khan's ninth film in the Rs 100 crore club, the most by any Bollywood actor.
The Sooraj Barjatya-family drama, which also stars Anupam Kher and Sonam Kapoor, collected Rs 30.07 crore on Saturday, taking the three-day total to Rs 101.47 crore. The film, which released on 12 November, continued to perform well at Rajasthan, Central India, Central Province, Gujarat, Bihar and Mumbai. However Delhi and East Punjab failed to show any growth on Friday and Saturday, despite a record breaking performance on the opening day.
Day-wise box office collection for PRDP:
- Thursday: Rs 40.35 crore
- Friday: Rs 31.05 crore
- Saturday: Rs 30.07 crore
- Total: Rs 101.47 crore
Prem Ratan Dhan Payo has been made on a budget of Rs 115 crore, including publicity. If the upward trend continues after the weekend, PRDP is likely to cross the Rs 200 crore mark soon. The impressive collections so far are testament to the fact that Salman Khan films seldom fail at the box office.
Here are the other Salman Khan films in the Rs 100 crore club:
- Dabangg (2010): Rs 138.88 crore
- Ready (2011): Rs 120 crore
- Bodyguard (2011): Rs 148.86 crore
- Ek Tha Tiger (2012): Rs 198.78 crore
- Dabangg 2 (2012): Rs 155.00 crore
- Jai Ho (2014): Rs 116 crore
- Kick (2014): Rs 231.85 crore
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015): Rs 320.34 crore
- Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (2015): Rs 101.38 crore and counting