The first female superstar of Bollywood, late Sridevi's family is celebrating her 56th birth anniversary today. Sridevi died in a sudden accident in the year 2018. Sridevi worked in most of the languages of Indian cinema, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu and others. Not just that even Sridevi rejected films made a career of many newbie actresses.
Sridevi is one of those actresses who rejected big films like Baahubali, however, she never regretted of it. Today, we are going to tell you about those films that were rejected by Sridevi but later they turned classics of Indian cinema.
1. Darr - Sridevi rejected Yash Chopra directorial romantic-thriller film starring Shah Rukh Khan and Sunny Deol. Later the role went to Juhi Chawla.
2. Baazigar - Sridevi even rejected Shah Rukh Khan starrer Baazigar and she was supposed to play a double role. However, she rejected the role and later the double role divided into two roles played by Kajol and Shilpa Shetty.
3. Mohabbatein - Aditya Chopra offered a role opposite Amitabh Bachchan to Sridevi, but the actress who took a long break from films after marriage rejected the role. Later Aditya Chopra removed that part.
4. Baghban - Even the role of Hema Malini in Amitabh Bachchan starrer Baghban was first offered to Sridevi, however, she turned down that role also.
5. Baahubali - Director SS Rajamouli offered the role of Rajmata Sivgami to Sridevi, but she was not keen to do that role. Finally, it went to Ramya Krishnan.